Stuck 3/4 on Backup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carve, Jan 30, 2009.

1. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

Greetings, I am running 2.0 and trying to update to the latest 2.2.1 update. Unfortunately when I plug it in it tries to backup my phone but it only gets 3/4 way done and then just stops. Is there any way to get around this?

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

3. carve thread starter macrumors 6502a

carve

4 or 5 times

4. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Well, you can just cancel by clicking the little circled "X" in the Top center status window in iTunes. This will cancel the backup so that you can do anything. One catch, you won't have a backup. This is strange and I don't know of a way of speeding the process up... You may want to restart the iPhone, try it again and really leave it a good while... If all else fails, restore. You just may not have a backup to go back to... :-/

5. carve thread starter macrumors 6502a

carve

I've tried clicking the X, I just go to click on update to 2.2.1 and it just tries to back it up again...

6. Mad Max24 macrumors member

carve, Just had the same thing happen to me. I figured out that I had 2 new apps since my last backup about a month ago. The Hockey News & a Free Electronics Arts Sudoku game. I deleted both, Powered off the phone, powered up the phone and the backup was seconds! So one of those apps is hanging up the iphone. Hope this helps

7. Mad Max24 macrumors member

It's the Mighty Mighty Good Games free Sudoku game thats hanging up the back-up on my phone. I re-installed The Hockey News App, and it backed up fine.