Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dbanks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
All, my iphone 3GS is stuck in the middle of a reset to factory settings. The apple logo is on the screen as well as the wheel that tells me something is happening, but it is no longer moving around, and the battery is down to nothing. When I plug it into the wall to recharge, it doesn't. When I plug it into my computer, doesn't take the charge or complete the reset. How do I get this back to factory settings? Crazy frustrating. Many thanks in advance.

Dbanks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Yes. Jail broken with redsnow in July 09. No problems and no upgrades in firmware have been done. I bight a new ip4, and am getting ready to sell this one. Just trying to delete data and clean it up to let it go.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Can you do a hard reset?

Hold the power button & home button at the same time for about 15 to 20 seconds. Let it go, then hit the power button to see it can turn on.

neko girl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2011
Put your iPhone in DFU, not restore mode. The screen will be black (not showing connect to iTunes picture), but iTunes will recognize it. At this point select to do a Restore in iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.