Stuck at Apple Logo screen every time I reboot

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pahoeho, Jan 23, 2011.

1. pahoeho macrumors newbie

Today, I decided to update the firmware on my iPhone 3GS to 4.2.1, then jailbreak using Redsnow. This worked perfectly fine and I then proceeded to reinstall apps in Cydia.
    Something required a reboot, and then it got stuck on the apple logo screen for half an hour.
    I am able to get past this by using 'boot tethered' option in redsnow while it is on the apple logo screen, but every time I need to reboot the device, or switch it on/off, it gets stuck again.
    Its obviously not practical to have to use the boot tethered everytime I need to switch on my iPhone, so I need help on how to fix this :)
    Thanks in advance!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That's what a tethered jailbreak is and 4.2.1 is tethered on newer iDevices. If you have an old bootrom 3Gs (Google it), then you can boot untethered. Otherwise, you will have to wait until the untethered jailbreak is released.

3. pahoeho thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know that :(
    Guess I may try and downgrade.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Only if u have blobs for previous firmware you can downgrade. Or wait for a new untethered jb.

5. kiefer macrumors newbie

i need help someone please

i have the same problem...
    i instal cydia on my iphone 3gs,the first time it does not work,"only a black icon appear kn the screen"so i open redsnow and chose the options boot...then cydia work,i used cydia to download "winterboard"the iphone restart and stuck on the apple logo with a black screen...so i repeaf the operation open redsnow an re-boot,the problem araise when i switch off and stuck when switch.....please someone help me...my email add is "nkeifer91@hotmail.com"please someone
    thx

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Did you realize you reopen a 3 months old thread?

For your issue, just run Greenpois0n on your phone and you are good to go.