Stuck at "prepared for shipment??"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tnhick, Oct 17, 2008.

1. tnhick macrumors member

my new mbp has been stuck at prepared for shipment since yesterday at about 10am eastern, it is now 2:30 eastern next day. Is this normal? Is it a glitch with apple's system, or is it something I should call and ask about?

2. Linds macrumors newbie

I've had the same issue, except mine's been on hold since 11am-1pm eastern yesterday.

I have a hunch that they aren't shipping until Monday. :(

3. TheCakeIsALie macrumors regular

Same here, from roughly noon yesterday eastern till now. I think it's normal, don't worry about it.

4. 4fingered macrumors member

yeah mine's the same too. what bothers me is some guy in another thread said he ordered his at 5:30 PM on Tuesday and his is already left China. I ordered mine at 2:30PM on Tuesday and it's "prepared for shipment"

5. TheCakeIsALie macrumors regular

It depends on the level of customization. Most likely that guy just ordered the stock version without CTO. It's always slower if you make custom changes (eg. upgrade to faster CPU/HDD, pre-install additional software etc...).

6. tnhick thread starter macrumors member

update

I just talked to an apple rep and she said there's an entire shipment that's taking an extra long time, but she said they ought to be shipping today, but absolutely by tomorrow! So if they do ship out today, they should get to everybody Monday still (fedex international is 2-3 max. for almost everybody). So I still have hope!

7. !eon macrumors newbie

I've ordered the standard config. Macbook Pro couple days ago, I've checked the status, and it has changed from "Prepared to ship" to "Not yet shipped". This sucks, and the Apple Representative told me that demand is very high so most of the shipments are coming from China. :(

8. TheCakeIsALie macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure that 2-3 days meant 2-3 business days, so instead of Monday deliveries we may be looking at Tuesday and possibly Wednesday.

9. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

My MBP is probably in the same shipment as you guys. I ordered it on Tuesday at 3PM PST with only the upgraded 320GB 7200 drive, no other customizations.

It is still stuck at "Prepared for shipment". I was hoping to get it before the weekend, but I guess we are waiting until early/mid next week :(

10. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

This is a BTO, expect more delays than ordering stock.

11. Mike-intosh macrumors newbie

:( I'm in the same boat as you all..... I keep checking my email, but to no avail. Oh well. Patience is a virtue! :rolleyes:

12. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

Yes, I realize that is the reason why it didn't ship the next day (Wednesday). I was just hoping that it would have gotten out before the weekend.

13. allanibanez macrumors regular

You mac's will get to you, if anything this small wait will make the moment of opening them for the first time all the more sweeter :) Mine isn't getting to me until November 5th so you're all in a better position than me, :D

14. jpur macrumors member

I ordered my 2.8ghz BTO system on Wednesday around noon PDT. I am still stuck at Not Yet Shipped.

15. jpur macrumors member

Sorry to post again, but I just spent some time fooling around on FedEx's website. It seems that they don't ship from Shanghai on Saturdays, so we all may be out of luck. Unless, Apple has some negotiated deal with them.

On the bright side, once they ship it seems to be only 1 business for delivery.

16. seafurydriver macrumors member

Same here, except my order was at 2:33pm PST Tuesday.

17. mdiddy18 macrumors newbie

i ordered my macbook pro tuesday at about 5pm .. i selected 2-3 day shipping..yeah right.... expected delivery is october 22. here's a copy of my latest fedex info..

Oct 18, 2008 2:55 AM

In transit

SHANGHAI CN

Oct 17, 2008 11:30 AM

Left FedEx origin facility

SHANGHAI CN

11:19 AM

Picked up

SHANGHAI CN

Package received after FedEx cutoff

Oct 16, 2008 8:13 PM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

oh and my macbook pro was custom ordered with 4GB ram

18. seafurydriver macrumors member

It's now been "Prepared for shipment" for 24 hours...:(

19. Linds macrumors newbie

It's now been prepared for shipment for 44 hours.. :(

I was *really* hoping they'd ship last night, but as I figured it seems it wont be shipped until monday...

20. hobes270 macrumors regular

Mine has been at prepared for shipment since thursday morning at 8 am. i ordered with 2.8ghz. It just now shipped!! It took soo long but mine has now shipped!! No estimated delivery time though.

21. hobes270 macrumors regular

Delivery date is the 20th. It just shipped out today. Was prepared for shipment for 53 hours prior to shipment.

22. Mike-intosh macrumors newbie

mine's sitting at "Not Yet Shipped." Is that better than prepared for shipment? Argh! I'm getting frustrated!! :mad:

23. Trimmer2 macrumors member

My info is almost EXACTLY like this one!

24. FilipMil macrumors member

mine was at prepared for shipment for 2 days then today switched to not yet shipped for a good 2 hours, then went back to prepared for shipment????

25. TheCakeIsALie macrumors regular

I'm in the exact situation here, prepared for shipment since thursday, BTO option. but mine still hasn't shipped yet. wtf!!??