Stuck at sim activation.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bokee21, Nov 4, 2011.

1. bokee21 macrumors newbie

ok, so I restored my 4.3.3 iphone 4 with 4.10.01 baseband with the custom firmware I made (4.3.3 too). the original carrier of this phone is at&t.

now I can't go through the interface cause of this sim activation. and I think it wants an at&t sim card. oh my gosh, I live in asia and at&t sim cards live in the US! haha.

what do I do? can I use my gevey as my sim activator?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Never used Gevey, however don't you have to use the emergency call and dial like 112 or something like that to activate with Gevey...

3. bokee21 thread starter macrumors newbie

omg. i'm stuck! There's this one video that says I could bypass this by jailbreaking my iPhone and booting it using redsnow. Tried it and it does't work. :( it just goes back to the sim activation.

I think the reason why I can't jailbreak it is because I used a custom firmware but the same version. Because that's what U said to my last thread.

what to doo.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

If you used a "Custom" ipsw then you are already jailbroken...

First thing you need to do is calm down and chill...freaking out is not going to help you.

You are almost there, you need to search for the instructions on the Gevey that you have, I am almost sure that there is way to bypass the activation and I am almost positive is had something to do with a emergency phone call, I thought it was 112 and then you hang up before the phone connects.. Just do a qucik search.

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

hactivate with redsn0w to by pass the activation screen.

6. bokee21 thread starter macrumors newbie

how to do that?

note* I restored my phone to a custom 4.3.3 and now it wants me to activate it using an at&t sim card. Apparently we have no at&t sim cards here in the Philippines. I only Use gevey to use my local network.

is there a way to activate or bypass the activation using gevey? or anyother way?

I tried to jailrbeak it but it just boots up normally and goes to the activation as if nothing happened

7. bokee21 thread starter macrumors newbie

i think I don't need to jailbreak it, because I restored it with a custom ipsw. so my phone is jailbroken. but since i have no choice, I tried using redsnow and jailbreaking it, I ran it 2 times. The first one was I clicked the install cydia. and still the phone just rebooted and went to the sim activation. the second one, I tried to click the boot tethered, and still the same result. what to do? :(