Stuck between Razer Blade 14 and Macbook Pro 15

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dinemec, Oct 24, 2013.

1. dinemec macrumors newbie

I'm a college student who is looking for a high-end notebook. I kind of still play games (not much due to other tasks), but I did pre-order BF4. Was just wondering if the new 15 inch 750m Macbook Pro would do me any good running Bootcamp 70% of the time, since I also use Rhino 3d to do 3d modeling and CAM.
    The only reason I don't like the Razer Blade 14 is the screen is terrible, and the Macbook is the complete opposite. Was just hearing how Mac's aren't made for gaming and Windows isn't the best on it either.

Any suggestions on how well Bootcamp will fully use all of the macbook's specs.

Thanks,
    (Never had a Mac)

2. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

Bootcamp is pretty good on my MacBook Air and I game on it sometimes. The MacBook Pro 15" would be pretty amazing for gaming, even on bootcamp.. But hey the Razer Blade is equally as good... I'm jealous of your situation! Have you checked whether Rhino is able to run natively on Mac OS X.

On your subject that Windows isn't best on a Mac, I feel that this is wrong. All the drivers are there. Windows isn't designed for any machine in particular and runs as if it was made for the machine on mine.

3. msavwah macrumors 6502

I compared the two and bought the Mac.

If you can get the top end with the 750 it will game in Windows fine. Plus you have the Iris Pro iGPU, the screen, and best of all OS X Mavericks & Apple Support.

4. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

Go for the razer blade, you obviously need the added power, and you're gonna use windows most of the time.

Gaming = windows.

If you do everything else on mac and want to casually play games = bootcamp.

5. Starfyre macrumors 68000

Starfyre