Stuck! Can't get out of attachment

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 2Evan, Aug 18, 2010.

1. 2Evan macrumors member

I received an email with a Pages doc attached. (with iPad) I opened it directly by taping on it. Then, use the button 'Open it' in Quick Office. Now I come back to Mail, and the document is still there of course. I can't find a way to close it though. I tapped, dble-tapped, triple-tapped everywhere on the screen, and nothing happened. Turn off/on the Ipad, nothing. I don't want to delete the email using my laptop. I want to do it all with the iPad.

Important: I opened the attachment (in QuickOffice) from Mail by tapping it, NOT by holding it and choosing from 3 alternatives.

Suggestions?

Thks for your help

2. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

Tap on a blank part of the document, and see if a back or done button apears in the corner.

3. 2Evan thread starter macrumors member

Nothing appears when you tap on the doc. Maybe a bug. Tried the same thing with another doc. Got the same result. Everything's fine if you hold the doc to open it, not if you tap on it. Bummer!

(Solution: Turn off the iPad - put it to sleep doesn't work)

4. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Same thing happened to me yesterday.

Here I was tapping and double tapping away for several minutes trying to close a damn .doc attachment from an e-mail while my brother who already shuns Apple, was laughing his ar@e off.

Finally I got the done button to pop up.

An intermittent bug no doubt.

5. 2Evan thread starter macrumors member

Thks wacky, good to know I'm not alone ... Kinda lucky, my Bro is a MAC disciple - not fanboy ...

6. caubeck macrumors 6502

Settings. Email. Deactivate account (don't delete). Return to email. Settings. Reactivate account.

Works every time.

7. 2Evan thread starter macrumors member