Stuck CD

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rcdeacon, Jun 21, 2009.

1. rcdeacon macrumors newbie

rcdeacon

Sadly I tried to install Parallels for Mac 4.0. In the process of installing Parallels and Windows XP I managed to get a cd stuck in the drive. There is NO icon on the mac desktop. I have uninstalled Parallels according to information if found on the web. It was supposed to be a complete uninstall but I still cannot get the cd out. I am very new to Mac and I am at a loss as to what to do. The stuck cd is NOT an os (such as xp), it was a program cd that I was trying to install in the virtual xp drive in Parallels. Can anyone steer me in the right direction. At this point I can't even do a install because of the stuck disk.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Turn off the computer, and then hold down the trackpad button while turning on the computer. :)

3. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

this is the documented method

the trackpad button/mouse ket will auto eject a disk on startup

5. firewater macrumors regular

6. rcdeacon thread starter macrumors newbie

rcdeacon

Sorry I did not respond last night. It got late and it was off to bed. Yes! It worked! I thank all of you very much. I think I managed to get my lappy back to normal. After I got the cd out I was able to also get Parallels uninstalled and every thing appears to be back to normal. I did not have good success with Parallels. I have actually had much better success with virtualbox.