Stuck/dead pixel on new iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ndriver182, Jan 7, 2012.

1. ndriver182 macrumors 6502a

Anybody know Apple's policy on stuck/dead pixels? I just got my new 27" iMac and was getting it all set up. I noticed a small speck on the screen near dead center and about 1" from the bottom of the screen (just above the dock), which I thought was simply dust. I tried to wipe it off and that didn't help. I thought maybe somehow the screen got nicked, but it's perfectly smooth. Then I started thinking it was dust under the screen, but upon very close examination it appears to be very pixel-shaped. I don't like to nitpick, but it's kind of annoying. That being said, I have a feeling that Apple needs to see a minimum of "x" amount of pixels with issues before they will do anything about it.

Thoughts?

2. ndriver182 thread starter macrumors 6502a

False alarm. I turned off the iMac and looked at the screen with a flashlight. Sure enough, there's a tiny piece of yellow dust or something under the glass. Looks like it's not a bad display. Now I've just gotta clean it off or live with it.

I was planning on dropping in an SSD anyway, so I guess I can try to get rid of it then. Either that or just end up getting even more dust under the screen... :rolleyes: