Stuck/Dead Pixel Return Policy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vundu, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Bought a 6 the week after launch and just noticed a small line of white stuck or dead pixels. Unsure if just occurred or if I just did not notice.

One of those things that is hard to see but once you know it is there it bugs you.

Does Apple replace phones for stuck/dead pixels?

Apologies if answered elsewhere.

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yes Apple does replace phones that has dead/stuck pixels. As long as they can see the problem and be able to reproduce the problem they will definitely replace it. So know where it is before you go and point it out. They will run some test such as downloading a black or white wallpaper.

3. Vundu thread starter macrumors 65816

Vundu

Excellent. Thanks for the info. Got a genius app booked for Monday. Must be busy as that was the earliest I could get.

4. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

I had a dead pixel on my 6. I noticed it the day after I bought it and took it to the Genius bar immediately. They offered a whitebox replacement or just replace the screen in-house. Since I didn't want to go through the whole process of re-downloading all the apps that just did 24 hours ago and risk getting another phone w/ some other defect, I went with the screen replacement. 45 minutes later it was done.