Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
So, I just noticed one stuck green pixel (only on black screen) and one dead pixel on my 1 1/2 month old iPhone 4S. I had to exchange my first iPhone 4S for 2 stuck pixels (not sure if any were dead). I also have seen people that have returned several iPhones for the pixels also. So are the pixels that uncommon? I really don't want to replace if it is going to take a few tries to get one without screen defects. They are barley noticeable but still bother me a little bit.

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
Only YOU can make the choice as if it is worth taking the chance of getting another 4S that might have other problems.

The people here really do not care!:eek:

It's a really hard decision to make, but it is hard to justify keeping a $500 on contract phone with pixel defects, I also have OCD (real OCD not what people here have), so I am having a hard time deciding what I want to do

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
If you're ging to obsess over it, then you should probably exchange it.

On the other hand, forcing yourself to accept dead pixels on your imperfect iPhone 4S might be useful cognitive behavior therapy. :)

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
It's a really hard decision to make, but it is hard to justify keeping a $500 on contract phone with pixel defects, I also have OCD (real OCD not what people here have), so I am having a hard time deciding what I want to do

I understand your OCD. BUT I do not understand why you would ask "others" to help you make the choice. Only you can weight out the options and make this choice. Guess we are all different as it would not even occur to me to ask people here what to do. Some of these people are jerks and would laugh at helping you make the WRONG choice.

Just sit down and think about it, make up your mind and live with your choice. If you do not relax, you are going to ruin your iPhone experience!:eek:

Good Luck.

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
I understand your OCD. BUT I do not understand why you would ask "others" to help you make the choice. Only you can weight out the options and make this choice. Guess we are all different as it would not even occur to me to ask people here what to do. Some of these people are jerks and would laugh at helping you make the WRONG choice.

Just sit down and think about it, make up your mind and live with your choice. If you do not relax, you are going to ruin your iPhone experience!:eek:

Good Luck.
Well, how many other people here have dead pixels or any other defect? I just am really having a hard time trying to decide what to do. Especially because the first phone I had also had a pixel defect, but it was 2 clumps of green stuck pixels. I just hope I can make up my mind soon

M Quick

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Apple doesn't "tolerate" any dead/stuck pixels on their iPhones, so get it exchanged. You have the right to do this and apple won't argue against you wanting a new one for that reason either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.