Stuck: Downgrading from 4.3.4 to 4.3.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Yass-Attack, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Yass-Attack, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

Yass-Attack macrumors member

So I upgraded to 4.3.4 but and then I wanted to downgrade back to 4.3.3 but when I tried restoring the original 4.3.3 ispw and the custom one I made using redsn0w, neither worked. Now all I see on my iPhone screen is the connect to itunes screen and I can't get past that since restoring doesn't do much and I get "This device isn't eligible for the requested build".

I went to my host file and deleted anything that had the word apple in it...so basically the last 3 lines were deleted

[​IMG]

and now all i have left in my host file is:

[​IMG]

I also tried using TU, i put my iPhone into DFU and hit fix recovery but my iPhone screen just gets stuck on greenp0ison initialized and nothing really happens from that point on.

Any advice guys?

2. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

3. Yass-Attack thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I was jailbroken but Cydia never worked (opened and closed) which is why I chose to upgrade but now I want to go back to 4.3.3

4. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Did u Check if there are shsh saved on Cydia servers? Did u run tiny umbrella and try to get the blobs?

5. Yass-Attack thread starter macrumors member

Not too sure to be honest mate. Here is what i'm doing...

Settings:
    [​IMG]

I put iPhone into DFU mode and just hit Fix recovery...I'm assuming I should hit start TSS server instead of fix recovery?

6. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Don't put it in dfu mode . Just connect it . There will be an option to save shsh. Look around. If yours are on Cydia servers it will fetch em for u

7. Yass-Attack thread starter macrumors member

So i rechecked the Set hosts to Cydia on Exit option and hit the star TSS server button and this was my log..

[​IMG]

I guess i have no saved blobs

8. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Go in advanced . Click on save shsh. I might be wrong . I haven't had access to tu since may..

9. Yass-Attack thread starter macrumors member

Already did that, these were/are my settings:

[​IMG]

10. Yass-Attack thread starter macrumors member

:mad:

Thanks for trying to help, at least now I know TU is not the way to go. Anyone else have any ideas or advices I can try?

11. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

nothing, if you don't have your blobs saved in either Cydias' server or w/ TU then you are SOL for downgrading to 4.3.3

12. Yass-Attack thread starter macrumors member

Ah i see, thanks. I downloaded the 4.3.4 ispw and it won't let me restore my iPhone to that either and says "This device isn't eligible for the requested build". Know what the problem could be now?

13. sbddude macrumors 6502a

Try these steps:

close itunes
    open tiny umbrella. Make sure you have the newest version
    connect your iphone
    advanced tab > check "request SHSH from cydia"
    click save SHSH
    It should list all of the SHSH available from cydia.
    once that is done, click start TSS Server
    open itunes
    option+restore or shift restore
    point it to the 4.3.3 IPSW
    let itunes do its thing
    if given an error message, use TU to exit recovery
    if that doesn't work, use the latest redsnow, choose install Cydia
    Then repeat exit recovery with TU

You should end up jailbroken on 4.3.3 that way

14. Yass-Attack thread starter macrumors member

Nope, right after i say save SSH i go to my screen of saved SSH and there's nothing there and for device model it says - INVALID

At this point i've given up on this lol. Any way I could just restore it to 4.3.4? It won't let me do that through itunes and it says "This device isn't eligible for the requested build".

15. sbddude macrumors 6502a

if you want to restore 4.3.4 you need to first clean your hosts file to remove anything apple. and have TU closed.

16. Yass-Attack thread starter macrumors member

Tried that "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (9)." Why is my iPhone torturing me...I feel like breaking it lol.

17. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Open tiny umbrella, uncheck the set host to Cydia option save and close, reboot computer, then put phone in recovery or dfu mode and restore iTunes.

18. Fantasigraphic macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

IF and only IF you have your shah blobs saved for 4.3.3 to downgrade back to 4.3.3 then first make sure you have latest TinyUmbrella and go into Advance and UNCHECK both options about using Cydia blah blah blah!

Then do your downgrade.

By having one or both options about cydia checked you'll get the errors or "Kick out of Recovery Loop" won't work as apple has put a "block" on cydia servers.

19. Yass-Attack thread starter macrumors member

Tried everything except for Fantasigraphic's advice (because it was too late) before giving up and just going back to 4.3.4. I'll just wait until the thetered jailbreak for 4.3.4 comes out...any idea when that'll be guys?

20. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Check the dev team's site. They're the best source anyway.

21. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Tether 4.3.4 run Cydia .. If u have blobs it will show up :p

22. navajarunner macrumors regular

navajarunner

Has anybody else done this recently? (manage to downgrade to 4.3.3)

23. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

I have helped minimum 25 ppl do it successfully in last 2 days.. Of course they have their shsh blobs saved.

24. sbddude macrumors 6502a

What procedure did you use, on windows or mac?