Stuck DVD Woes

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maehara, Mar 22, 2008.

1. maehara macrumors regular

Okay, having read the stuck disc guide, I still need some help. I have a Santa Rosa MacBook Pro, and a DVD has gotten itself lodged in the drive. It mounts to the desktop, if you right-click the icon & Eject it disappears - sounds like the drive is trying to eject it but can't so the disc reloads & reappears on the desktop. None of the other tricks for dealing with eject problems has worked.

Any ideas, or is this a job for the repair shop?

2. Deadaim357 macrumors member

Deadaim357

If you tried all those methods and still no solution. I'd take it to a genius bar and have them get it out for ya.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I would just put a knife or wedge in the drive, eject and then immediately removed the knife/wedge as the disc is coming out.

But I would recommend taking it to the store.

4. JWest macrumors 6502

Tweezers or very thin needle-nose pliers might work, but discs shouldn't be getting stuck, so I'd take it to an Apple store to have them replace the drive.

5. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

This always works for me...

Find a something like a Business card, stick some take on it the gently side it into the slot and giggle it about. Eventually the tape will stick to the disk and you should be-able to pull it out! Much safer than jamming a knife in the slot and this doesn't damage your disc.:)

6. Sogo macrumors 6502

Umm, I had a stuck DVD several years ago and the way i managed to get it out was to restart the computer and hold the eject button. Just hold it until the DVD is ejected.

Worked on my powerbook.

7. maehara thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the replies...

Tried the mouse-click on restart method already - only difference it's made is that the stuck disc no longer appears on the desktop. :(

No Apple Store in Belfast (yet), so sounds like an expensive trip to our local AASP is in order. Rats.

8. maehara thread starter macrumors regular

No label on this one, so that's not the problem - it's a checkdisc review copy that I got in connection with a website I run.

Felt a little stiff sliding it into the slot when I first loaded it, so I'm wondering if the checkdisc wasn't quite the size it should have been. If so, I'll be having harsh words with the company that sent it to me...