Stuck home button on iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jv311, Nov 6, 2009.

1. jv311 macrumors newbie

I bought my iPod touch 2 1/2 years ago. Last year, around this same time, the home button on my iPod somehow got stuck. I then took it to the Apple store near my area and they replaced it with a refurbished one. Today, after arriving to school early, I decided to take it out of my backpack to listen to music and to my luck I now have the same problem. The home button jiggles a little bit so it is not completely stuck, more like broken. I was looking online an found that this problem occurs alot on 1st gen iPod's.
    What I was wondering is if I took it to the Apple store again, would they replace it again? Last time I was still under the 1 year apple warranty so my guess is that is why they replaced it.

Any suggestions on the subject?

2. pilotrtc macrumors regular

This exact question came up in my recent visit to the Apple store. If it's not under warranty, or extended warranty, it'll cost to fix.

3. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

My home button stuck back in January, it was a first gen iPod Touch... I knew the new one was coming, so i just dealt with it as it would cost too much to fix.
    There is a way around it not using the home button, but it took me weeks to master.

4. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Try buying an ifixit kit and do DIY repair. The chances of something going wrong is quite high though..

5. jv311 thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm. I set up an appointment for tomorrow. I'll think of what to do after hearing what the "genius" has to say.
    I hope I get someone very generous and is able to pull some strings though.