Stuck image that was saved from email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lindsayanng, Aug 4, 2008.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

My husband has a photography business, and one of his friends emailed him a photo, but didnt resize it for the web, but my HUSBAND assumed that it was optimized for email and was a smaller image.. well, he clicked save to save it to his phone's camera roll, but it was a HUGE raw image.. its like 2MB! Its freezing the phone every time he tries to open it to delete it, and since the camera roll images dont show up in the itunes sync, he cant even delete it from iTunes..

SO WHAT DO YOU DO>> how do you get one of those pictures OFF when you cant open it from your phone??

2. II VOKAB macrumors newbie

3. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

I had the exact same issue yesterday. It eventually worked.

4. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

i thing is, i can restore and reset the phone, but the picture is STILL going to be on there, and i dont feel like there IS a way for the iphone to open such a LARGE file.. so is there ANY way to mess with the camera roll through itunes?? or a way to delete images from the thumbnail images

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

OSX?

The camera roll shows up in iPhoto. You can erase it from there. (Or import and say "erase all" after you've done so.)

I'm not sure how you do it Windows, but search the forum...I know Windows users get their photos off somehow. I just don't know what it is. I'm assuming it can likewise erase the camera roll once it has imported them.

6. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

we have OSX.. so if i open iPhone, the iphone camera roll will show up?? why doesnt it show in itunes??

i was under the assumption that the only way to get images off your iphone that you took with your iphone was THROUGH the iphone system..

so open iphoto and then choose the portable device, iphone, and do it that way.

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The camera roll software identifies itself to the computer as a digital camera.

So iPhoto (and Image Capture) both "see" it and just think it's a camera. iTunes has no ability to connect to digital cameras so it just ignores it.

Now that you understand this fact, I bet everything makes perfect sense to you. If you connect your digital cameras to any other software, I'm betting it would work just fine with them, too.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Just in case any Windows user reading this thread wants to know, in Windows, if your iPhone/Touch has any saved pics on it, Windows will think your iPhone/Touch is a camera, and it will show up in My Computers as "Apple Digital Camera" or some such name.

9. paddyi macrumors member

I had the same problem - I received an email that was 3.5mb. I saved the image but in the camera roll the image is blurry and crashes my phone.

10. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

cool. thanks for clarifying. I was HOPING there was some way to get this thing off!! gotta teach this friend to optimize images for email!