Stuck in a loop or corrupted.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Pineapplechunks, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Pineapplechunks macrumors newbie

Hi, I have joined this site, in the hopes that someone out there can put me out of this madness. I have bought an iphone 2g from ebay, problem dead battery. After fitting the battery, I pressed the power button and a pineapple popped on, I waited for around 15-20 seconds and it started up. I went to the menu had a look at the version, which was 2.1 and then I pressed master reset, at this point I knew nothing about jailbreaking, it showed an apple with a bar, this took around 1 and a bit hours to complete, it then switched off and then on to a pineapple, then it buzzed twice like it was going to start, but nothing. I have read the threads about putting it in DFU and recovery mode. It will not do either, in windows or mac. This is what I have, to turn it on press the top button, the pineapple comes on very fast, maybe 1 sec, to turn it into black screen or maybe off, press both buttons, if I keep these 2 buttons held, it will come on to the pineapple, then go off after around 5 seconds then come on in 3 seconds then go off after about 5 seconds and stay off, if I leave it on with the pineapple it will go off about every 6-7 minuets on it’s own and then come back on again, also every now and then the wait wheel will go round on the pineapple. If I leave it on till the battery fails, it will show the battery and charge symbol, as soon as I put it on charge using firewire, the pineapple kicks on again. I have down loaded iTunes 7.7, also most of the programs for hacking, but they all seem to need the phone to be recognized by iTunes. I have never seen the recovery symbol because I can’t get it. So it’s only pineapple, black, or battery, nothing else. I have held every button configuration known to human kind for the last 2 days, and nothing. I hope this all makes sense. Can anyone help me please, I am going out of my mind. :apple:
    Thanks Bob

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

By “master reset” I think you mean you did an erase all. You have to restore the phone in DFU mode (see my sig). It make take numerous tries for it to work.

3. Pineapplechunks thread starter macrumors newbie

No go

I can't get it in DFU, or restore.
    Thanks Bob

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Keep trying, it takes time and patience to time it perfect.
    If still nothing it might be a hardware issue when you opened it up to replace the battery something might not be in or sitting right.

5. Pineapplechunks thread starter macrumors newbie

I am an electronics engineer

I had no problem with the battery fitting, the course of events, was stuck in loop before battery replacement, I then replaced the battery with the hopes that being with out any power, this may help, but no change, after fitting the new battery. As far as patients, I have been doing this now for 2 days. I switch it on, the pineapple comes on in less than a second, if I press both it goes off in 5 sec, but switches back on to the pineapple within 3 sec.
    Bob

6. smokescreen220 macrumors regular

smokescreen220

the pineapple would mean that its been jailbroken or attempted to jailbreak i believe, either way you'll need to get into DFU mode to restore it...

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Other than suggesting to double check all connections are sitting right inside the casing and trying the DFU restore there's not much that can be done.
    You will need to restore it but if its not letting you and the computer is not regognizing it I dont know what else it could be Bob.
    Maybe a hardware fault.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Patience in getting it into DFU mode; not patience in watching it restart over and over.

9. Pineapplechunks thread starter macrumors newbie

Checked it all inside

Thank for you time on this, I did just now check the inside, all looks great. I will say, the battery change was a easy dream job, I thought the casing would put up a fight, but the job went smooth. Lets hope something happens, on the button pushing bit. Would a sim in or out make any difference. I think from what I have read and seen on utube, most people are putting them in DFU from a working phone, not from a pineapple. I have described the window of seconds I seem to have, if you think somewhere in that window, I could get in, please tell. From what I can do is press the top get a pineapple in one sec, then what? if I hold down both, the screen goes black in 7 sec, but comes back on in 2-3 seconds, if I keep holding it will go off in another 5-6 seconds but not come on again.
    Thanks Bob