stuck in a pickle

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Veefrag, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Veefrag macrumors newbie

So I was happily searching Cydia on my unlocked Iphone 4 I just bought (im almost possitive it was on 4.0.1) and I downloaded an app "appsync" and my phone rebooted and got stuck on the apple logo, it would reboot and reboot not getting any farther then the apple logo... So I decided to restore it using the 4.0.1 ipsw, but it simply will not get any farther than "verifying" before I get an error. Im pretty new to all this and I'm not quite sure what SSH files are and doubt I have them. Is there anything I can do to save my unlocked Iphone?
    Please help.

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You can't reinstall 4.0.1 without the SHSH blobs. Connect your iphone to tiny umbrella and choose save your blobs. If TU doesn't save any, you're screwed (and not in the good way).

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

4. Tokes Green macrumors regular

Tokes Green

Maybe I'm hallucinating again :p

5. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

download tiny unbrella or recboot and try to kick it out of recovery

6. sloppygator2013 macrumors regular

I would agree with what the others said about Tinyumbrella or recboot. As a side note, If you are able to get your phone back to working order again I suggest you do some homework. Figure out what jailbreaking and unlocking entails. The fact that you don't even know what OS is big a red flag that you need to do some research. Read the boards and stickys. Everyone here is very helpful but it's hard to help someone who has no idea what they are doing. good luck.
    -SG

7. Veefrag thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I gotta get in the loop. So I tried tinyumbrella and it dosn't detect the phone, then I tried recboot and it wont get passed the apple logo.
    The guy I bought the phone from says he has the shsh files (thankfully) BUT he said in order to get the phone back and running, I gotta drive to him (2 hours) and he is going to charge me $45 for his time.... I asked if he could just send the files (knowing nothing about them), but he said, "you can't do it from anywhere, its going through server from IP"
    So I guess my question would be, is it true the files are not sendable? or is there at least a way for me to get them without driving downthere?
    if not anybody know of anything else I could try before I spend more time and money on this phone?
    Thanks for your time, definitely going to get more educated so I can stop sounding like an idiot. :D

8. lapocompris macrumors regular

Save yourself $45 and 2 hours, he can't send you the SHSH because he doesn't have it, it's on Cydia server.

9. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Try kicking the phone out of recovery, using TU. If you can't, you'll have to edit the cydia host files. Do a forum search on how to do that.
    BTW, you weren't trying to d/l pirate software, were you? I saw another poster who had d/l pirate version of this program and that was the cause of the problem.