stuck in boot loop

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xkellettx, Jun 8, 2012.

1. xkellettx macrumors newbie

I jailbroke my iphone 4gs about 3 days ago and everything was fine and last night i was playing a game and fell asleep. I woke up to find my phone not turning on so i was pretty scared since i just got it 3 or 4 days ago after i had an accident in pcb and dropped it in water. So i plugged it in and it goes into a boot loop and wont quit no matter what i do. So far i have tried to restore normally but it wont show in itunes, put it in DFU mode and it will restore on itunes but it never shows its restoring on my iphone so it doesnt work, checked my host file and it is right. so im lost and have no clue how to fix it please help me.
    i used absinthe to jailbreak it btw(for 5.1.1)

2. iBar Guest

When you restored in iTunes it didn't give a progress bar for the restore? but went through the motions in the iTunes window?

3. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

When restoring in DFU mode, the phone does not read what is on its "disk", so nothing you can do with software can prevent a DFU restore. Of course dropping it in water could cause a hardware fault.

Before trying anything else, try booting while holding the Volume-Up button, that disables most jailbreak tweaks.

If that fails, be sure that the phone is in DFU mode (i.e. the screen will be blank, not showing the restore with iTunes screen). Make sure your cable is good, and your computer is good. iTunes will say that it detected a phone in recovery mode and reinstall the operating system. I am not sure what the screen shows while this is happening, but it goes not look like a normal restore. If iTunes says it is restoring, just wait. It takes a while. If the restore fails, iTunes will give an error message.

If it doesn't work at all, take it to the Apple store and tell them it ran out of power and cannot boot. Don't tell them you jailbroke it. They will most likely try a DFU restore, wiping all traces of the jailbreak. If that fails, it is a hardware fault, and you should get a new phone.

4. xkellettx thread starter macrumors newbie

the error codes varied between 1601-1603 when i would try to restore it and while it was restoring itunes was saying verifying itunes restore and my phone was just doing the boot loop and i didnt drop it in water i did before and got a new iphone because i had insurance on it also tried holding the volume up button as soon as the apple logo popped up and it didnt work