iPad Stuck in boot loop

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by theman510, Apr 22, 2014.

1. theman510 macrumors 6502

I took a co-workers first gen iPad mini home with me to jailbreak it for her and after running evasi0n version 1.0.8 it is stuck in a boot loop with the apple logo then black screen, then apple logo, etc. I've jailbroken about 7 devices prior to this (including my own retina mini just last week) and have never come across this before. I searched online and found some people saying if you boot into safe mode there's a fix and you can remove the cydia package that's causing the boot loop, but I haven't even gotten into cydia at this point.

My co-workers iPad is on iOS 7.0.6 and this started happening immediately after running evasi0n and applying the jailbreak. It never got back to the lock screen. Is my only option to restore in DFU mode and upgrade it to 7.1?

I had her back everything up at home before she gave it to me, so if the only option is restoring to 7.1 I guess there's no true harm done I guess. I'll just tell her it couldn't be done. Am I SOL?

2. cyber16 macrumors 6502

Sounds like it was ota updated and cannot be jailbroken.

3. theman510 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was afraid of that. I asked her if she updated it OTA or through iTunes and she thought it was through iTunes but couldn't remember for sure. Figures lol

4. cyber16 macrumors 6502

Well since you will always be able to dfu restore baring no hardware issues.
    Maybe try evasi0n one more time, I doubt it will work while in a bootloop, but at this point you have nothing to lose.

5. theman510 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea I tried that. evasi0n wouldn't even recognize the ipad. Appreciate your help though thanks!