Stuck in bootcamp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dwj, Sep 8, 2013.

1. dwj macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone can help me with my problem that I have stupidly brought upon myself. I have been running windows 7 in a bootcamp partition on my 2013 MacBook pro. In my efforts to upgrade windows 7 to 8, I have managed to do a complete fresh install of windows 8 on the partition and so of course I have lost bootcamp completely. Its now basically a windows 8 computer that wont show any other drives or partitions except the one it is installed on. It wont even show the mac OS partition let alone boot into it. What a mess. If anyone can offer any help I would be very grateful.

2. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

3. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

4. dwj thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi. Sorry, didn't understand that. What is not a good idea?

5. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

The person above my post had a better, safer idea, and I wasn't thinking. And, mine could cause complete data loss. Still, you should try using a dvd or recovery mode to try verifying your mac partition if there is one.

6. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

In theory, the windows environ is completely sealed off, so no windows install should be able to damage what's on the Mac partition. The helper software just lets windows be aware of its surroundings.

Reading the OP again, I would also try an option boot:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1310

7. dwj thread starter macrumors newbie

Many thanks to you guys for helping out. All sorted now. I'll be more careful with my installations in future!