iPhone stuck in Bootloop

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nightforce, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Nightforce macrumors newbie

Hello I'm new to this forum but I have a problem.
    Yesterday I jailbreaked my Iphone 5 32Gb. It looked pretty good till the last reboot. I can acces Recovery and DFU mode but what I really want are my pictures on the phone:( I know I should have made a backup but I just took a lot of important photos last week.
    Is there any option to extract the pictures over the dfu mode?
    I have IOS 7.0.4
    Would be awesome if someone can help me here:)
    best regards

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

get the phone into recovery mode and use ifunbox and see if it detects your phone. if it does, you can export the photos to your computer

i don't think ifunbox detects the phone when in DFU mode. If it keeps booting, then that doesn't help put you in a position that'll help you recover your photos

3. Nightforce thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the quick answer. I tried it, but the program can't recognize it...
    so there is now way to access the hdd of the iphone in dfu mode? I thought there would be. How else is the jailbreak possible? Is there a tethered version of the jailbreak for iphone 5 and ios 7? that would probably work for me.
    thanks for the help

4. Nightforce thread starter macrumors newbie

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Not sure what to say there then. Make sure to do a backup every time before you jailbreak just in case something goes wrong

I don't think you can access the iPhone as if it's a hard drive, and even if that was possible, I'd assume you would need a bootrom exploit

You haven't had to be in DFU mode to jailbreak a device since iOS 5 (for those without bootrom exploit).

There is no tethered jailbreak for the iPhone 5 (only bootrom exploit devices are capable of a tethered jailbreak; speaking on that matter, there is no public tethered jailbreak for iOS 7, only a DIY jailbreak for the iPhone 4 on iOS 7)

6. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Pretty sure you can't do anything, it's possible your photos are in an iCloud backup if you have them set up to go there and if you have photo stream on they may be there as well.