stuck in connect to itunes/ usb device not recognised

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sicko65, Jun 20, 2011.

1. sicko65 macrumors newbie

ok i bought a iphone 3g that was stuck in connect to itunes mode. thought it would be an easy fix yet i cannot fix it until i can get it to connect. any ideas??? please help me fix this.

wont connect in win 7(64bit), linux, or mac osx 10.6.0

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Do you have the correct sim inserted?
    Otherwise, try dfu.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Sounds like you bought a water-damaged phone. Check the sensors for a definitive answer, but you're probably SOL.

4. sicko65, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011

sicko65 thread starter macrumors newbie

nope both water indicators are in tact and not red. i dont have an att sim so dfu mode is the only answer huh? guess i will try to do that again. will an att store help at all?

update i think im doing it wrong i fallowed the steps in your signature to get into dfu mode and none of my computers can recognize it.

5. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

Have you tried both DFU and restore mode? If you can't get any computer to recognize it in either mode, you most likely have a bad dock connector/charging port.

6. sicko65 thread starter macrumors newbie

it charges because the battery was dead and now i can at least turn it on without it being connected and that sends me to the emergency calls only after the "connect to itunes" screen. this is what windows tells me every time i plug it in to windows7(both dfu or recovery). [​IMG]
    http://picturepush.com/public/5935704

Thank you everyone who has helped so far.

7. sicko65 thread starter macrumors newbie

by any chance could my dock connector be half bad? like the data and home button not work but charging still work? that would explain the not being able to use dfu mode and still allowing it to charge semi properly.:apple::confused:

Thanks in advance