iPad Stuck in DFU, iOS 6.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mokuro, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Mokuro macrumors member

My iPad 4 completely froze while I was on the Dropbox app. I restarted the device using sleep/wake and Home buttons, it restarted fine and the Apple logo showed up for a second and suddenly disappeared. Now, the iPad is stuck in DFU Mode with blank screen (screen off actually). I've been trying to kick the DFU out using TU, Recboot, but the options are greyed out and not clickable.

TU only gives me the option to Fix Recovery, which does nothing, and recognizes my device as DFU device when connected. Recboot says no device connected. Additionally, I tried redsnow and it says "connected: unknown device (Soft DFU Mode). It won't even let me fix recovery because it claims that my iPad isn't on DFU Mode when it is.

I tried to recover through iTunes (latest version) and it recognizes my device in Recovery Mode. Did the hosts trick and deleted Apple's line from there, authenticate, replace etc. but I ended up with error 1600 or 1601 on Windows 7.

Tried different lightening cables, computers, operating systems, and still can't revive this brick. I honestly didn't do anything out of ordinary and I jailbroke just fine with evasion with little to no tweaks installed.

Please advise.

Thanks!

2. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

Evasion breaks something in the file system. I had the same problem and was a bit pissed when I read the logs. You don't need utilities or hacks to fix this.

Just keep resetting and running itunes restores as a non-jailbreaker would. Eventually, one of them will take.

3. Mokuro thread starter macrumors member

Already tried countless times. :(

4. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

Post a log from iTunes when it says it failed to restore the device. I forget if there is a button or if you need to go to the console.

Edit: wait, windows.... Are you connected DIRECTLY to the PC or through a hub? Connect directly and to a different USB port.

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

On a windows machine after edting the host file you need to restart.

6. Mokuro thread starter macrumors member

I'm on both OSX and Windows. I'm using Bootcamp to run Windows 7. I have a MacBook Pro and I'm getting the same result from both USB 2 ports. No hub was used during the process.

7. Mokuro thread starter macrumors member

I guess this going back to the Apple Store then. It seems to me there's some sort if hardware failure since nothing has worked out so far. I just don't care about jailbreak anymore as much as I care that I have a flawless iPad after 3 swaps for screen deficits.

8. Mokuro thread starter macrumors member

Update: just walked out of the Apple Store with a brand-new iPad (6.0.1) + $50 iTunes card (BTS offer), and $3.50 tax refund.

Best day ever! :)

9. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

wow! congrats!

10. kjparfekt macrumors regular

kjparfekt

Having literally this exact same issue. Screen went black while browsing in Safari. Hard reset doesn't turn the screen back on. Same message in Redsn0w, unable to restore via iTunes. Took it to the Apple Genius bar and they tried restoring via iTunes on 3 separate computers and kept getting Error 4014. Since it's out of warranty (more than 1 year old but less than 2) and no Apple Care all they said they all I can do is buy a new iPad. If anyone has any suggestions that might help please let me know. I've tried everything and don't have the cash to spend $500+ on a new iPad especially considering this was working flawlessly 3 days ago.