stuck in DFU mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tiker, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Tiker macrumors newbie

so my ipod touch froze and i thought by pressing the home and the top boutton it would help but now i get black screen and i cannot restore it. i am running on 32bit vista and have jailbreaked 2nd generation ipod touch. i tried to restore it with itunes but then it says that no firmware is avaliable and i need to download latest version of itunes but i already have the latest version. so i thought i try to do what i did when i was jailbreaking it since its already in DFU mode but then after the ipod screen turned white itunes didnt recongize the device and didnt give me a choice to restore.
    plz help

2. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Have you tried just holding the power button down what version of iTunes do you have?

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    This is a perfect example of why everyone should wait til an official dev team ipt2g jailbreak is packaged with quickpwn. You should try holding the power/home buttons again to try to force it out of dfu mode. I would also suggest trying to restore it with a different computer, or with a mac.

4. Tiker thread starter macrumors newbie

i have itunes 8.1
    but oh wow i just fixed it and i didnt lose any of my apps, music, or videos.

what i did was run the boot.bat file that came with the jailbreaking kit and it just came bak to life. hope this helps other ppl with the same problem.
    i watched this video and got the jailbreaking kit from here if anyone wants to know
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFEk_nt4ZtM

thx for trying to help guys