Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KauaiBruce

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Kauai, HI
It appeared that my upgrade went fine but iTunes keeps trying to load the store (from the Device menu) and keeps saying

We could not complete your iTunes Store request. the network connection timed out.

Do I have to wait for AT&T to activate my phone? Am I being impatient? It has been 15 minutes since the update completed.

Volka

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2009
Sheffield, UK
It appeared that my upgrade went fine but iTunes keeps trying to load the store (from the Device menu) and keeps saying

We could not complete your iTunes Store request. the network connection timed out.

Do I have to wait for AT&T to activate my phone? Am I being impatient? It has been 15 minutes since the update completed.

I've got exactly the same problem. I'm in the UK on o2.

saivior

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
California here, iPhone 3G, and I am having the same problem.

I ran the diagnostic in iTunes (Help>Run Diagnostics...) and there were no problems; every thing passed with no errors.

Any ideas what is going on?

genesedn

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
I'm having the same problem. Since, my iPhone is my primary phone, I have no phone—my own fault for being naive enough to believe that Apple would have corrected all the problems before launch this time around.

As much as I love it, this sort of behavior is unacceptable. I own this phone, it should not depend on iTunes to work properly.

At least I can call 911...*sighs*

estee065

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2006
It must be the servers. A few minutes after I posted, it worked. Keep trying, 3.0 looks good so far

kdiz

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
Not sure how it is for you folks, but I have sim lock on my phone which has stopped the activation.

I'm now trying to hunt down another o2 sim to put in it to try and activate the phone. Pain in the ar$e.

Volka

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2009
Sheffield, UK
It took an hour for this damn software to download, this is NOT a good time for the server to be down! Now I probably won't have a phone until the morning :mad:

saivior

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
*UPDATED*

Okay I just got my phone to re-activate. I still couldn't connect to the iTunes store but the phone activated, with the 3.0 update.

Just keep trying.

GeneralPie

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
Same Problem Seattle, WA

I am having the same problem and its been going on for about an hour....this is very frustrating because i have work in an hour and now i dont have a phone..

if anyone has any tips PLEASE share.:(

mgoose

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
I'm getting the same issue, but I can connect to the store by clicking on iTunes store, but my phone won't freakin' activate, it's driving me nuts.

r1tricky

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
stuck in emergency mode since upgrade

I'm getting the same issue, but I can connect to the store by clicking on iTunes store, but my phone won't freakin' activate, it's driving me nuts.

Like Volka said guys KEEP TRYING! I was panicking too but eventually worked.
It must just be the servers are all JAMMED up.
Peace out!

GeneralPie

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
works

everyone is right, keep trying after about an hour it finally activated.

but now i tried doing my gfs phone and it appears that they have temporarily shut down the servers.

so who knows when that will be back up.

im just glad i got mine in:D

Levelland

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
Cannot enter Passcode lock in Emergency Mode

I have downloaded the update but now has this message.
"Itunes could not connect to this IPHONE because it is locked with a Passcode. Please enter the passcode before it can be used."
I had a passcode lock on it before but I am in emergency mode.

kdiz

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
UPDATE - It finally activated. Just takes a while. Patience is a virtue as they say...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.