Stuck in Emergency mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fredbram, Nov 9, 2010.

1. fredbram macrumors newbie

I am attempting to upgrade my jailbroken, unlocked 3g to 4.1 using pwnage. i think the jailbreak went OK, but, since it now isn't unlocked (I believe I missed a setting in pwnage), itunes won't recognize the phone and it is in emergency mode, so I can't get on it to unlock it. Can I restore from the backup I made before attempting the upgrade? It was jailbroken and unlocked when I made the backup. If I ca, how do I go about restoring from backup?

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Create a new file in pwnagetool. Make sure you click expert and that the option to "Activate" is checked.

3. fredbram thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, the problem I am having with that is that in expert mode I it tells me that the firmware I have is the wrong bundle. Is that because I should have upgraded to 4.1 in itunes before starting the whole pwnage process?

If so, I can restore from backup, then upgrade and try again, yes?

4. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

It just sounds like you started with the wrong IPSW. Make sure you download the right 4.1 bundle for your device to run through Pwnage.

If you upgrade to 4.1 through iTunes before you run PwnageTool, you risk ruining your chances of unlocking.

5. fredbram thread starter macrumors newbie

This is the ipsw that i used. I believe it is the correct one (unless I'm already supposed to be running 4.1 on the 3g).

iPhone1,2_4.1_8B117_Custom_Restore.ipsw

So, even though my 3g is running on version 3.0, I want a version 4.1 ipsw?

6. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I'm not sure what that one is. It sounds like you downloaded one that is pre-pwned. You want to download an official one, and then run it through Pwnage:

http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

That's a custom fw meaning a fw done by someone in PwnageTool already, you need a clean vanilla version of the fw to create your own...

8. fredbram thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your help--It WAS a corrupted or wrong ipsw, and I downloaded a new one. Everything went through perfectly.