Stuck in Game Center sandbox account

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kuhroo25, Feb 6, 2011.

1. kuhroo25 macrumors member

Ever since I used the latest greenpois0n jailbreak, I am asked to enter my game center ID when I launch a compatible app. The problem is that it logs me into a sandbox account. I can open the game center app and log out, log back in under the regular account, but as soon as I launch of the apps it does it all over again. It seems others are having this issue as well but are there any tips as to work around this?

2. Bigwiff macrumors newbie

Same thing here. I keep getting a Sandbox account message. JB with greenpois0n, and the Gamecenter freaked on me

3. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Can you post a screenshot so that others have a way of identifying the same thing? I think it would be helpful.

Just press power button + home button, then upload the screenshot from your Camera Roll.

Thanks!

4. kuhroo25 thread starter macrumors member

There are some "solutions" to this problem on jailbreakqa.com but they didn't work for me. Maybe they will for you. I am close to restoring and starting over again.

5. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Be cautious: my jb'd 4.1 started doing this today before kicking me out of gamecenter all together. A few days later it works.
    In another thread someone said it seems like apples having some server issues.

6. PaulyD macrumors 6502

Me and my girlfriend both started getting this problem a couple of days ago, both iPhone 4 4.1 jailbroken.

We both created a new account with same details as before, logged out of the newly created account and back in and it had all our stats etc back

7. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Ya but Pauly as soon as you open up another gamecenter compatible app it'll like put you back into sandbox

And to everyone else, don't bother restoring as I tried that and it didn't help the issue.

8. brokin macrumors member

problem: opening up a game it asks you if you wants you to create a new account or logs into a sandbox account. basically you cannot log into your account so you cannot track your achievements or see your friends (very annoying)

my solution which worked on my wifes and my iphone:
    unfortunately i was unable to "fix" this issue i had to format the phone and reapply my jailbreak. the issue seems to be related to appsync 4.0+. when you format your phone and starting setting everything backup do not add the appsync 4.0+ from ha****.us instead add the sinful repo and add the appropriate version of appsync from them. if you have xsellize repo remove it first because it will try to grab appsync from that repo first.

or better yet dont add appsync at all and buy all your apps.

9. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I don't even have appsync and it's still doing this...

10. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I'm wondering if re-JB with RC5-4 will help solve the issue???