Stuck in Louisville, KY thread [UPDATE mine no longer stuck]

Discussion in 'iPad' started by edtorious, Mar 15, 2012.

1. edtorious, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012

edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

iPad still sitting in Lousville, KY as of this moment :confused::( and they're supppose to ship my iPad in San Diego, CA. Oh so far away! I wonder how they're going to get in California in time? Anybody else?

Attached Files:

• UPS.JPG
      UPS.JPG
      File size:
      101.6 KB
      Views:
  2. rkahl macrumors 65816

I don't think it will make it in time if they use ground.

3. iMule macrumors 6502

Yours will definitely be there by the end of the day tomorrow. I wouldn't sweat it.

4. Database macrumors member

There are these things called airplanes, they are pretty cool.

5. andross77 macrumors regular

I am in the same boat but mine only has to make it to Chicago :D I still feel like it shoulda moved by now though.....

I'm guessing "by 10am" is not happening for these ipads. My iphone 4S was a 6 or 7pm delivery on release day. Hopefully it won't be that late for the ipad or i'll be out of town :(

6. iMule macrumors 6502

I think you got screwed though, honestly, because mine took the same path as yours, but I'm in South Carolina. Seems like it should have gone to somewhere closer, but with the logistics, maybe it was technically faster to go to Louisville first with a bigger shipment instead of using 2 planes.

7. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

They said UPS Worldwide Express earliest is by 10:30 a.m. and before noon the latest. :rolleyes: But i doubt it, it'll probably be late afternoon. :(

Attached Files:

• UPS.JPG
      UPS.JPG
      File size:
      57.4 KB
      Views:
  8. photogpab macrumors 6502

photogpab

[​IMG]

im in the same boat... coming to bal harbour, fl... we'll see... wish it would move.

9. rh22 macrumors newbie

Mine's been sitting in Louisville since 3/10 at 12:14am. Status: Arrival Scan.

This morning, the status was updated to Import Scan.

I suspect they won't go anywhere until after midnight. No worries.

10. emoose macrumors newbie

Louisville is a major UPS hub. They have direct flights to many major cities running constantly.

The scan information is sometimes delayed but I wouldn't be shocked to see something go from Louisville to anywhere in the Continental US and still go out the next day for delivery.

11. Coffee87 macrumors regular

Coffee87

My tracking looks exactly the same. Needs to get to Oklahoma before tomorrow...

12. crapbag8 macrumors member

I saw that as well, but my estimated delivery time is also end of day. Anyway, mine is also still in Louisville, with delivery to SoCal.

13. Gatorman macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Mine just left Louisville (after being there since monday) at 2:30. Looks like tomorrow it is!!

14. pettifogger06 macrumors member

I've been stuck in Louisville all week for the most part. Mine left Louisville at 1:00pm, heading for me here in Atlanta.

Maybe you guys are closer to KY?

15. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Louisville is THE UPS hub in the U.S.

From here it can be anywhere in the world the next day, BUT they only work at night. Your iPad will leave here tonight, and be out for delivery tomorrow.

16. str8bucs macrumors regular

Your new iPad is hanging out at the NCAA Basketball games:D

17. Coffee87 macrumors regular

Coffee87

It better show up with some good HD video content then! :D

18. rh22 macrumors newbie

Spoke too soon! Departure scan at 4:35....:eek:

19. DFig619 macrumors member

Mine has been stuck there for 5 days. This morning I got an Import scan vs. the arival scan that has been there for 5 days. Its destination is San Diego, im in the same boat. I need it before 2 PM so I can bring it to work! PLEAAASE UPS

20. gcortes macrumors member

My iPad finally left Louisville at 3 PM EDT after being there for just over four days. Now it's got to get Oakland and then Menlo Park to be put on the truck tomorrow morning. I'm sure they'll do it otherwise they wouldn't have held it in Louisville for so long.

21. TomH TX macrumors regular

Mine is still sitting on import scan since 8:30 this morning. I suspect that it will be on a plane to DFW overnight, and then on a truck to FW tomorrow, and then to me! So, I will be stuck here waiting at my office instead of being able to go show off my Ipad3 to those waiting in line at the apple store. Oh well.;)

22. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

According to FlightAware UPS Flight UPS922 left Louisville, KY at 3:48AM EST this morning and arrived in San Diego, CA at 4:31 PST so you should be good to go.

Just to add, I deduce that is the flight it would be on because no other UPS flights are scheduled from Louisville to San Diego anytime soon that I can tell.

23. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

Well I just got an update and says it just departed KY but would love it if your FlightAware info is true.

Attached Files:

• UPS.JPG
      UPS.JPG
      File size:
      109.6 KB
      Views:
  24. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I can tell you that there is more than one UPS flight leaving Louisville today ...

25. andross77 macrumors regular

I just saw a departure scan at 4:04pm, 10 minutes ago!! AHHHHHHHHHH:D:D:apple::apple: