stuck in password locked restore mode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by zanbatou00, Apr 20, 2010.

1. zanbatou00 macrumors newbie

ok, so im new to iphones relatively, ive had an old 2g and 3g, and ive jailbroken both.
    but, im still kinda a newb to all of this.

so my old 3g iphone had a problem and the backligh wouldnt come on, i could see the screen but only in lots of light, and while trying to fix this i cracked the bottom of the lcd and now there is a huge white bar.

so, i go my friends old 3g hoping to restore it and use it,
    here is the problem,

her 3g is stuck in recovery mode, no sim is installed(when i put my sim in its fine, but still stuck)
    when i connect to itunes, it said that it couldnt connect due to the phone being password protected and to enter the password.
    now the phone wont even show up when connected...

there was no way for me to ever enter the password...
    i know it, but there is nothing i can do to enter it while its still stuck in recovery mode.
    also the phone will not enter dfu mode no matter what i do.

any help in getting this iphone to restore?
    so for the length of this and thanks in advance

also, ive posted this on some other sites and only been told i was a thief and had stolen the phone, this is not true, the person i got it from is my best friend and she now has an android so she no longer wants the phone and no longer has the comuter that she was syncing the iphone with. as i stated, i know what the password is, if i can get the ohone out of recovery mode i could just go from there.

ive tried to put the phone into dfu mode but for some reason it will not go into it whatsoever. all my other iphones ive had never had a problem with that.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Only thing you can do is put it in dfu mode.
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034
    All functioning iphones will enter DFU unless they have any hardware problems.
    You just gotta keep on trying till you time it perfect.
    If either the home or power button dont work then you wont be able to get anywhere.

3. zanbatou00 thread starter macrumors newbie

ive tried several times to put into dfu mode and it does nothing.
    it just acts like ive held down the power button only. and shows the power off slide to off screen.

and yes the home button does work.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not much you can do then if you cant get it in DFU bro.

5. zanbatou00 thread starter macrumors newbie

is there anyway to trick it into thinking its linked to the computer that has its password?
    if i already know the password?
    or a wat to put it into dfu mode through software not a hardware way?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why not plug it into your best friends computer and restore it that way with the correct password?
    Not sure if theres prog that will put it in DFU without the sequence of timed pressed buttons.