Stuck in Prime 3.. (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by seenew, Aug 31, 2007.

1. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

[SPOILERS]

I'm stuck. Someone help.
    I've been going around for the last two hours, and I'm stuck. I just investigated the Valhalla, found out that I'm going to be searching for energy cells (no big shock, it's Metroid, I assumed there would be a fetch quest), but anyway, wherever I go, I am either stuck because I need a beam that can power things, or I need to upgrade my ship to be able to lift heavy objects. Since the AU in Skytown told me there would be something to help me move things at a landing site to the east, and that's blocked by a gate that needs power, I assume I'll need the next beam to get there. So what the heck do I do?

2. seenew thread starter macrumors 68000

seenew

haha nevermind, I figured it out.

it's so satisfying, finding new areas in the game.

3. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Does the game become less linear later on? It seems like I'm being led straight to the target on Bryyo in a straight line.

4. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Well, main objectives have always been "somewhat" linear in the Prime series. I haven't noticed anything more linear than before. You can turn off the help system if you want to, as well. You'll also be able to fly back to any of the planets and make use of new beams and features, to get to new places, once you acquire them.

5. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I'd say that past 50% completion, the game becomes a little less linear. About the time when the [small spoiler -->]G.F.S Valhalla[<-- small spoiler] appears on the navigation map.

6. seenew thread starter macrumors 68000

seenew

yes, this is precisely how I got stuck, haha. I suddenly had so many options to choose from, new places to go, I couldn't find the right area at first.

But it's a beautiful place to get lost in!

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Yeah, that's how Prime 1 is from about 15 minutes in to the game :)