Stuck in recovery mode after beta 3 install

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mostlydave, Jul 7, 2014.

1. mostlydave macrumors regular

Help!! I'm stuck in recovery mode after installing ios 8 beta 3 ota, my phone just comes up to the connect to itunes screen. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix without restoring?

2. KrisLord macrumors 65816

Can one of the jailbreak tools like tiny umbrella kick it out of recovery mode? I've always just bitten the bullet and done a restore when this happened with previous beta releases.

3. mostlydave thread starter macrumors regular

I tried downloading and running tiny umbrella on my mac but it crashes before completely starting. I did try something called reiboot, but the phone still comes up to he plug into iTunes screen

4. blindside217 macrumors regular

I have the same issue on my 5S. No problem with the update on my iPad Air. I tried Tiny Umbrella but it just restarts right back to Recovery mode.

5. cheekyjeremy macrumors 6502

Mine did the same, so I ended up just restoring (option click) in iTunes to the beta 3 as a fresh install. Seems more stable by far to me than 2, but it is still early

6. mostlydave thread starter macrumors regular

I ended up restoring and going back to ios 7 for now, the beta has been pretty buggy for me with 2 being worse that 1.