stuck in recovery mode no way out!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thelaw2409, Dec 16, 2009.

1. thelaw2409 macrumors newbie

So i have a 2g i phone that is stuck in recoverymode.... it was jailbroken and my gf's little brother got it to work and restored it. Now it is stuck in recovery mode, itunes doesnt recognize it. the guy at the apple store wouldnt help me cuz i dont have at&t but he said id need to have at&t active sim card to start the phone back up is this true? and solutions? ive already tried DFU mode and it wont go there

2. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

Yea, you'll need an at&t sim to activate the phone if it's not unlocked.

I find it hard to believe that you can't DFU it. Maybe your not doing it right?

DFU Instruction:

1. Hold power and home until phone shuts off, then release buttons.

2. Plug iPhone into computer and start iTunes..

3. Hold power and home while counting out loud "one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand..." up to 8.

4. Release power button at "eight one thousand" and continue to hold home button until message appears in iTunes.

If this works, you'll have to create a new custom restore to include jailbreak and unlock.

Bad idea to restore to normal without at&t service. But I'm sure you know that by now.