stuck in recovery mode, nothing happening

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by emofriedrice, Jan 21, 2010.

1. emofriedrice macrumors newbie

Hello, I just joined here and I dunno if I'm going to get like flamed or not if I say I tried jailbreaking, but whatever, I need help.

Well, I was using blackra1n to jailbreak my ipod, my friend has done it and helped many of my other friends to do it, all successful. I tried doing it on my desktop where I always sync my ipod, but I needed an administrator password, not knowing my dad's I clicked cancel. I didn't realize that my ipod's screen turned to "recovery mode" (maybe?? it has a USB cable pointing up to the itunes logo)
    I've tried putting it into DFU mode by holding the home and power buttons, then freeing the power button once it turns black. Nothing happens. It'll turn off and on but it sticks in recovery. Whenever I turn it back on after it turning off connected to my computer, my computer says it cannot recognize it. When I unplug/replug it in, it says it won't be recognized. It won't show up on itunes. I read around and it said to try to jailbreak again, so I tried but blackra1n won't find my ipod on the computer. I found a software thing called QuickPwn that's supposed to help it, it wouldn't find the device either

SOOO if someone could please help me, that would be mucho appreciated. I'm pretty sure my ipod is worth more to my dad than my life so if he find's out, I'm ****ed. please help :(

2. slomifier macrumors regular

That my friend is a tethered jailbreak. Is it a 3g? Plug it back into the computer, and run blackra1n again. Your going to have to do this everytime you want to turn your iPod on.
    If its not a 3g though, means the jailbreak didnt run smoothly, so try again and it might become untethered.
    Hope that helped

3. emofriedrice thread starter macrumors newbie

it wasn't, because the jailbreak never finished
    and when I tried running blackra1n again, it couldn't find the device
    but I've got it all figured out now :D thanks for the advice

4. NathanA macrumors 6502a

For the benefit of anybody in the future that encounters a similar problem to yours and happens to come here and search the forums, when someone posts a question like you did and then comes back to say that they've "figured it out," it is generally polite and good-mannered for you to then explain HOW you solved the problem. :)

-- Nathan

5. emofriedrice thread starter macrumors newbie

oh of course... haha my bad
    I just plugged my ipod into a different computer
    I had to update itunes and stuff and do the hold power/home button thing then the computer said that there was an ipod in recovery mode and I could restore it on itunes. :D