Stuck in Recovery Mode!!

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by iamstardust, Jan 30, 2013.

1. iamstardust macrumors newbie

So today I tried updating to iOS 6.1. I have an iPhone 4s. I could not update with iTunes because it kept on saying the device isn't eligible for the requested build. I went to restore and update through iTunes and now it is in a recovery loop and I cannot get it into DFU mode. :mad: I also can't just restore with iTunes because the "device is not eligible" keeps popping up. I would greatly appreciate any and all help. Thanks.

2. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

Two reasons this message usually shows up:

1) You have a jailbroken device.
    2) You installed a beta version on your device and don't have your device's UDID registered with a Apple developer account.

Have you done any of these? It's ok if you have. This will help determine the next steps.

BTW, you can use TinyUmbrella to force your device out of recovery mode.

3. iamstardust, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013

iamstardust thread starter macrumors newbie

My device use to be jailbroken until it was updated to iOS 6 on accident. And the new iOS 6.1 was released to the public. I tried to update directly from iTunes. And I have already tried using Tiny Umbrella. Exit Recovery does not work.

I can enter DFU when not connected to my Mac. Once it connects, it goes straight into the Recovery loop again.

4. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Try a different computer. If you can't, restart your Mac and check your hosts file.

If that doesn't work, still try another computer.

5. iamstardust, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013

iamstardust thread starter macrumors newbie