Stuck in safe mode. And the erase all function hangs up

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Karimsha, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Karimsha macrumors newbie

dear all! I appreciate some help here.
    I am new to iPad just got it 3 days ago. I got an aipad 2 64mb. I jail broke it and it was workingnans still working good.

I almost removed all my cydia apps and still in safe mode.

I tired to restore by selecting erase all media and data, but it hungs up on the progress screen and I have left it over 30 mins and keep hanging up

I went through most of the tutorials on u tube .. Please help. Pleeaaaasee

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

i didn't know ipad has 64mb?

You don't restore by selecting erase all media and data. NEVER ever do that on a JB idevice. Plug your ipad into your computer and restore through there. You will need to update to the latest firmware and you will not be able to JB after that. You can't downgrade your firmware because you have a GSM ipad (due to baseband). Wait till a new JB tool to release before Jbing again.

3. Karimsha thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply. I meant 64 gb excuse my typo, I was falling asleep when I was writing this post..

What you just said about the restoring option with jb'ed iPad is new , I 100% believe you cause it freezes whenever I do so.. I was hopping that there is a way to uninstall cydia and reinstall it again. But obviously there isn't ...

I have one question now and hope you have an answer for it. Now the iPad is kind of working normally , I.e it does not freeze , it's kind of fast, and most of the apps are working normally. Shall I keepit on safe mode until the jb is released for the new sw ver or shall I restore it to the new sw 4.3.5 ?