Hi Folks, I need a new Mac, I'm sure about that. I sold my black MacBook (1st gen CoreDuo 2.0, 120GB HD, 2GB RAM) in advance of October 14th. It was getting a little old, I need a larger HD and more than 2GB of RAM (from time to time for parallels). I got a good price for it on ebay and I sold it because I thought prices might fall when machines with new cases are releases (you know a black MacBook is a black MacBook, but an aluminium one is a totally new thing). Well right now I'm at the point where I regret that I sold my old machine. I really like the case of the new MacBook, I like can live with the glossy screen (not an issue for me) but there are two reasons why I havn't bought one yet. 1.) No Firewire: All my peripherals are Firewire 2.) I have a 24" LCD and use the Computer mostly on the desktop So I don't really like the new MacBook and I think it's not worth spending so much money on a notebook when I don't really need one. I thought about the MacBook Air earlier, but didn't get one because it's limited to 2GB and has no Firewire. So here are my options: 1.) Sell the 24" LCD and buy a 24" iMac 3.06GHz/4GB/500GB 8800GT 2.) Buy an MacMini and update the HD to 320GB or 500GB and the RAM to 4GB (I know only 3.5 GB or so will be usable but I can live with that) and maybe but a Laptop later if I feel the need for one (most likely MacBook Air) 3.) Sell the 24" LCD and buy a MacBook Air and the 24" LED Cinema Display (awesome looks, no FireWire) 4.) Get ove the Firewire issue and buy a 13" MacBook 2.4 GHz Now I'm waiting because they say new MacMinis are on the way. Otherwise I'd have bought one already I think. Right now I'm on my Dell Laptop, which is property of my company. However, I have some nifty ideas for little applications I'd like to code for my iPod Touch and honestly I really don't like working with windows. In addition to that, the Dell sounds like a jet engine (2.4GHz Merom). My biggest Problem is, that I would hate to buy an iMac or Mac Mini now just to see it updated before X-Mas. But then again that might just not happen and I really don't want to wait any longer. Damn Apple how I hate you for pulling FireWire from the new MacBook! Any recommendations welcome!