Stuck in windows 7 on Imac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by andyww, Aug 29, 2012.

1. andyww macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've been running Windows 7 happily on my 27" iMac for a couple of years until recently. I hit my partition capacity on the windows side and decided to delete the partition and then use bootcamp to reinstall windows on a larger partition. Only issue was the black hang screen on windows 7 install. It was a long time since I did the origiinal install and couldn't recall if it happened before. Anyway I googled the solution and used the drvers to install. So now windows is good. But no sound, found a way to get headphones socket working.

The when I went to the bottom right of the screen for my Bootcamp manager icon, I noticed it's not there. So i tried a restart holding down the option key on my USB keyboard, but it just boots back into Windows. Now I'm stuck, I can't find anything on 'computer' that shows bootcamp even exists. The other problem is I don't have the snow leopard disks! What do i do??? Can I uninstall from windows? I backed up the windows side but not the mac side. Anyone shed any light on this as I'd hate to lose all the mac files? Thanks in advance!

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you installed any Boot Camp drivers?
    And how did you resize any partition, if you deleted one partition from inside Windows? If you deleted a partition from inside Windows, it is very likely, that you deleted your Mac OS X partition.

3. andyww thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for getting back to me. I used disk utility to erase and reformat the partitions and the boot camp assistant for the install. The drivers were the windows 7 sound drivers from Realtek. I have had a look under 'computer' in win 7 and I can see the other apple partition, i just don't know how to access it ...

Thanks for the link to the drivers. Although not sure how i can use them from win 7.

Any other suggestions??! thanks!