stuck in windows 7

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TGaist, Dec 25, 2009.

1. TGaist macrumors newbie

Hello everybody!

I recently obtained a copy of windows 7 which I wanted to install on my bootcamp partition on my mac pro. I did this yesterday, but I am not sure whether I've installed it on the wrong partition, because I'm pretty much stuck in the windows partition. I have tried every little trick I know and I can't get in touch with the mac part. I really don't know what to do!:confused:

2. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

Have you tried this:

taken from http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/apple_boot_camp.asp

3. TGaist thread starter macrumors newbie

yes I have tried this numerous times and it still boots into windows 7, although the "bong" sound is there at startup I can't seem to acces mac whether I press option, c or x. it just redirects me to the windows repair and help (black and white) screen. Is it possible that I have somehow deleted the leopard on my mac pro?

4. TGaist thread starter macrumors newbie

I could really use some advice. I'm quite desperate!

5. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

I am thinking that you erased everything when you installed Windows. Reinstall your MAC OS. I use VMware Fusion to run Windows...

6. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Are you sure you're holding down the option key? That SHOULD show you all the bootable devices and it shouldn't just take you directly to the windows partition.

I'm pretty sure there's no way (at least easy way) to accidentally delete OSX. You need OSX's boot camp in order to be able to install Windows.