Stuck in Windows Mode...help!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by The Tsar, Mar 5, 2010.

1. The Tsar macrumors newbie

Well, I "successfully" installed Windows XP (SP3) on my iMac...but now I can't get out of it.

I have a wireless keyboard, and a magic mouse. They both seemed to work after the install, but once I restarted the computer after applying the Boot Camp drivers from the Snow Leopard disk, they won't work.

What's worse, i can't reboot back into OSX!

When I restart the computer, it defaults into Windows XP, and since the keyboard does not appear to be working anymore, I can't even eject the SL disk by holding the eject key during a restart.

Am I going to have to re-install everything? And if so...how the heck can I do it with a keyboard that doesn't seem to be responding anymore? I'm willing to abandon the Great Boot Camp Experiment as long as I can get my ass back into Mac OSX. Anyone got any ideas?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Go into the Boot Camp Control Panel while in Windows and select Mac OS X as start up disk.
    [​IMG]

The preferences can be reached via the task bar icon.

3. The Tsar thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't. Neither the mouse nor the keyboard are working in XP!

4. Hmac macrumors 68020

What about the Boot Camp icon down in the task bar (lower right)? If you click on that, it will give you an option "Restart in OSX".

As to ejecting, go to My Computer, find the optical drive and right click. "Eject" will be one of the options.

edit:

ah...looks like you'll need to find a USB keyboard somewhere.

5. soup4you2 macrumors regular

hold down the 'option' key when you turn on your mac.

6. The Tsar thread starter macrumors newbie

Again, I can't seem to do anything with my mouse or my keyboard...I am typing this from my laptop, by the way, sorry for any confusion.

How do I get my wireless keyboard and/or mouse to "reconnect" to XP?

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Ah, I misunderstood.
    What about a wired mouse that could be lying around the house?
    Any USB mouse should do fine.

8. the cure macrumors newbie

OK so i am having almost the same problem.
    But my problem is that when i was in mac mode i put the windows xp disk in my macbook and i clicked start up in vhx.etc. the disk,so it restarted my mac and started the setup and i went ok it works now i want to go back to mac so i tried to eject the disk and that didint work, but eventually i got it out.But now when i turn on my mac it goes streight to windows.What do i do?:::confused: