Stuck in Windows's(Bootcamp)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AllenHoskins, Jan 22, 2011.

1. AllenHoskins macrumors newbie

So I downloaded bootcamp and bought vista. I only put 32 gigs in the partition and im almost out. So I need to delete it and make another with about 200 gigs. Problem is that using the option key doesnt work anymore. Idk why, it just isn't. Neither of the buttons work. And i've(before i got stuck)switched windows to the regular start up disk in Mac OS X. So now im asking, how do I switch back to Mac OS X without the option key? If I say had to go to control panel, i'd need to know exactly what to click. Im sorry but im new. :(

2. hfletcher macrumors 6502

hfletcher

Did you somehow delete your partition which contained Mac OS X?
    When restarting, keep the alt (option) key pressed down before pressing the power button. You can also try putting a CD into the drive - holding down the option key will only display something if there are options to choose from. Putting a CD in will allow you to see if the menu comes up or not on startup (the CD acts as a 2nd bootup choice, if your mac partition doesn't exist, I'm guessing holding alt without any other option might just ignore you).

Also, try using the Bootcamp settings, which you can find in the taskbar to the bottom right of windows. Right click on the metal looking diamond shape. Then in bootcamp you can select Mac OS X as the startup disk. (From your post it seems as though you have already done this)

Finally, try inserting your Mac OS X install CD, then holding down 'C' key on startup. You can then use disk utility to make sure your Mac partition is still intact. (Google for instructions)

If the alt key thingy doesn't work when you've got a CD in the drive, then something is definitely wrong with the startup sequence. I guess you could try doing an SMC reset/PRAM reset. Again google this and it will come up with something.

Hoping for the best! I'd hate to be stuck in windows!