Stuck installing mobile substrate.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BobboZR2, Jul 8, 2009.

1. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

I just jailbroke my 3GS using redsn0w and all went smoothly. I had the Cydia icon and was able to do the essential update for it. I rebooted the phone afterwards. I then went into Cydia to download Mobile Substrate and it loaded. It then asked me to Reload Springboard which I selected. Now it's just hanging there with the round timer icon spinning. It says "Complete" at the top but it appears to be stuck. WTF?

2. BobboZR2 thread starter macrumors regular

I just let it hang for a few more minutes and then decided to just do a hard reset. It took a bit of time to reboot but it came back. All seems to be working/installing fine. ::scratches head:: Whatever.

3. jersey macrumors regular

This happened to me too. I did the same thing as you. But I also went back an reinstalled mobilesubstrate over wifi and it worked fine. You might do the same just in case you screwed it up by hard resetting.

4. BobboZR2 thread starter macrumors regular

I just reinstalled Mobile Substrate as you suggested and everything went smoothly. I was on Wifi the first time but for some reason it did that. Hey, I'm not complaining; it's working.