Stuck iPhone 4 and not detected by iTunes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sape2001, Mar 31, 2011.

1. sape2001 macrumors newbie

Hi all, i am going to explain my problem. First of all, thanks for reading.

Initial Status: iPhone with Spanish Company with IOS 4.0.1. I did jailbreak on it and I can use it for any operator.

My iPhone has been working perfectly until last Monday. When I switch on the phone, I can only do emergency calls and in the screen I see USB cable and iTunes icon (it is same screen as Recovery mode). If I try to connect it to iTunes in MAC, I see this error 0xE8000001. I can not access to the iPhone with any other tool (diskaid, irecovery, ...) becaUse none of them detects it.

When I bought this iPhone, I use TinyUmbrella and I saved SHSH files and I did a backup. My question are:

Can I recover my iPhone?
    In DFU mode?

If I try to recover it in DFU mode, can I lose that I can use it with any operator?

Thanks in advance.

2. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

:rolleyes:

3. sape2001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot. I will do and I will inform you if it will be successful or not ;)

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Sounds to me like you need an unlock in which case you really do not want to do a DFU recovery it will update your baseband. You want to check that you have SHSH and use pwnage tool to create a custom firmware which will enable you to keep the existing baseband and unlock the phone.

If you have SHSH you can go as far as 4.2.1 with custom firmware and keep your existing baseband.

5. sape2001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, this was my concern, if I do a DFU recovery, I will lose my unlock. So, what do you recommend? I don't catch you. Could you explain the necessary steps that I have to do?

Thanks a lot friends!!

6. sape2001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem fixed!

I can tell you that finally I fixed the problem. I put the iPhone in DFU mode and as I have stored SHSH files I recovered them and now I have iPhone with IOS 4.2.1 with JB and unlock.

Thank you very much for your support!

Regards.