Stuck on 10.3.3...saying phone is up to date?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by superfuzz, Sep 20, 2017.

1. superfuzz, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017

superfuzz macrumors member

superfuzz

So I cant seem to get the ios 11 update to appear for me...Tried all restart stuff...anyone else have this happen and got it corrected? Oh I have a 7 Plus

2. cgriffis753 macrumors regular

cgriffis753

3. Bazza1 macrumors member

Bazza1

...and how are you trying to do it - OTA or thru (the recently updated) iTunes?

4. superfuzz thread starter macrumors member

superfuzz

5. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

my iPad was doing the same thing and I made a thread about an hour ago. I had to plug it into my computer and update it that way. Nothing I did made it recognize that there was an iOS past 10.3.3

6. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

Could be that their service took a fresh hot dump as entire world tries to update its Apple products.

7. Bazza1 macrumors member

Bazza1

Yeah, as oftheheavens tried, can you go thru iTunes? Might have more luck - might also encourage you to do a backup beforehand too!
    ;)

(The install process via iTunes says it does one, but I always like to do my own beforehand, just in case. I do an 'Encrypt' version to my computer, and then 'Archive' it too - iTunes > Preferences > Devices > right-click backup > Archive. This puts a time and date on it and should prevent it from getting overwritten by later backups)

OTA has been problematic for me in the past, too.