Stuck on 1601 error message and black screen on phone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by babybuuutch, Jan 17, 2012.

1. babybuuutch macrumors member

I have a 3gs that was on 4.1 and 6.15 and tried to update with redsnow to ios 5, but phone did not restore and got stuck in recovery mode. This is the second time happening, how I got out of it last time is I restored to 4.1 and got the 1500 error and used recboot and got it back to normal but that is not working this time and am getting the 1601 error. Please help. I'm on a mac btw.

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

What will help is not starting 4 different threads on 1 day on the same problem.

Try the search function and google.

----------

Hint your host file is still pointing to cydia, it needs to point to apple again to avoid the mentioned error

3. babybuuutch thread starter macrumors member

It's a different problem from the pervious and I have searched and all the suggestions are for redsnow but that will not work on my device because it is unthered.

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Connect phone, start TU, advanced tab, uncheck bpoint host to cydia, exit TU.

Now try again to restore your custom ipsw in itunes

----------

Untetethered doesn't mean redsn0w doesn't work

5. babybuuutch thread starter macrumors member

Thank you that got me back to the 1015 message which I know how to solve. So udating to ios5 is out of the question because it keeps causing my phone to fail. Is it poosible for me to restore my phone to factory settings, update normally with itunes and then jailbreak and unlock it again?

6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

No can't do that as you are on the 615 BB cant't downgrade from that.

Try some more google i'm not a 3gs expert