iPhone Stuck on 7.0.6 OTA, any solution?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Don.Draper, Mar 11, 2014.

  1. Don.Draper macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2013
    #1
    I never got around to restoring the newest update using iTunes last week and now I can't JB (according to the warnings of jail breaking an OTA) Are there any other solutions out there or am I stuck waiting a LONG time for the next (if ever) exploit?
     
  2. bkribbs macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2012
    #2
    You can still jailbreak and it should probably be fine.
     
  3. TomH TX macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2010
    #3
    It is my understanding from another thread on this forum that Apple stopped signing 7.0.6 almost immediately after 7.1 was issued. I was going to jb an ipad3 myself using 7.0.6, but apparently missed the "window".
     
  4. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

    nwmtnbiker

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2011
    Location:
    Fidalgo Island
    #4
    As long as you aren't on 7.1 you can still jb you iPad. Are you on 7.04?
     
  5. darricksailo macrumors 601

    darricksailo

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2012
    #5
    You can always try and see if you can jailbreak 7.0.6. If you can't, you're going to have to upgrade to 7.1 and wait for the next jailbreak
     
  6. Don.Draper thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2013
    #7


    Okay, so worse comes to worst I would just have to do a restore if the JB doesn't work? I was worried about bricking or having an infinite boot loop.
     
  7. bradl macrumors 68040

    bradl

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2008
    #8
    You'd do a restore, but it may be up to 7.1, forcing you to wait for the next jailbreak, if there will be one.

    BL.
     
  8. dhlizard macrumors G4

    dhlizard

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2009
    Location:
    The Jailbreak Community
    #9
    No "may_be" about, if it fails on modifying the rootfs files, you will be forced to 7.1
     
  9. Don.Draper thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2013
    #10
    Okay, I get it--it's either gonna be a successful JB on 7.0.6 or it's gonna be a fresh install of 7.1 without JB.

    Thanks for the insight everyone :)
     
  10. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

    dazlicous

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2011
    Location:
    Manchester
    #11
    Only issue you might have with a ota upgrade when you jb is a black screen on boot up. Worth a shot got nothing to loose seen has you aren't jb now.
    If it fails just restore to 7.1 and wait
     

Share This Page