Stuck on apple logo!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by NzRoFL, May 18, 2011.

1. NzRoFL macrumors newbie

After looking around, trying a few different methods I can't work out a solution so I thought I'd ask on here!

I bought this phone, it was stuck in recovery mode, so after kicking it out of recovery mode using iReb, it restarted, and wouldn't move from the apple logo.

So I tried turning it off but it wouldn't? It just stays on the logo so I had to let the battery drain, I tried again same thing happened! I can't get it into DFU or anything.

It originally did recognize with iTunes but wouldn't restore hence using iReb. It no longer recognizes with iTunes, I turn it on and it just shows the apple logo and stays there untill the battery has died.

Any help would be brilliant,

Thanks,

Carl

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

If it's a 3G or 3GS it probably has the iPad baseband. You'd have to restore with a custom ipsw.

When you restored the iPhone, what errors popped up?

3. NzRoFL thread starter macrumors newbie

There wasn't one, it just said couldn't restore blah blah blah, there was no number in brackets, which also confused me!

I dunno if it'll make any difference to the problem, but it was fitted with a new back housing, all the buttons press just fine, so I'm pretty sure that's not a contributing factor.

It's a 3G 8gb, how would i go about restoring a custom ipsw if I can no longer get it to recognize on iTunes or by my computer?

Thanks for the reply Greek!

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You would have to create one using PwnageTool (Mac) or download one from the web. You can still put the iPhone in DFU mode, so you're not totally screwed yet.

5. NzRoFL thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think I can though, I've tried the home+power button, then only the home button, but it just stays on the apple logo.

The phone wont turn off, its not the power button either because you can turn it on fine! That's what doesn't make sense.

It's sitting on my desk now with just the apple logo and has been for about 2 hours.

No idea what iReb has managed to do to it :(

6. NzRoFL thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I managed to get it to the iTunes logo, tried the restore again and it gave me error 3194!

I press ok and it's back to the apple screen!

7. lukenluken macrumors newbie

Did you call the apple service center? Did they help you somehow?

You can switch encoding parameters of end files such as example frequencyp

convert wav to mp3 free

8. NzRoFL thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't spoken to apple yet, I wanted to see if I could sort it out before resorting to speaking to them.

Is there anyway to restore it in restore mode? I can't seem to get it into DFU mode, everytime I manage to turn it off during the process it comes back on with the apple logo and freezes!

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

It looks like there is problem with your power button which it prevents you to put it into DFU mode.

10. NzRoFL, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011

NzRoFL thread starter macrumors newbie

Im not sure if it is though Crystal, it functions when turning it on!

Also sometimes when on the apple logo if I hold home and power together it'll turn off! Sometimes itll stay off other times itll kick back up to the apple logo!

11. NzRoFL, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 19, 2011

NzRoFL thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, using redsn0w I managed to force it into DFU mode, i jailbroke it to see if that would boot it up.

It went through just fine, got to 100% on the phone, restarted and has once again froze on the apple logo?

Im going to try and get it back into recovery mode and restore it through itunes and see if it tthrows up a different error!

EDIT:

After speaking to the guy I bought it off, here is some history on the phone that might help?

"I did jailbreak it a while ago with redsn0w, I reset the phone and then when i tried to turn it back on it just came up with the conect to itunes logo."

12. NzRoFL thread starter macrumors newbie

Still have no luck with this, anyone have anymore suggestions? :(