General Stuck on Apple Logo

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by twigman08, Feb 8, 2013.

1. twigman08 macrumors 6502

NOTE: The following expierecing is using an AT&T iPhone 4

I have jailbroken just about every Apple device I have every owned and I have jailbroken many devices for other people. I have done every single untethered jailbreak their has been and even just about every single tethered jailbreak. I've never been "afraid" of a tethered jailbreak. This may be because I am a Computer Science so I'm not afraid to get down and dirty if the nerdy stuff if needed. I have done that many times actually even while on a tethered jailbreak.

Though this last jailbreak from EvasiOn, I don't know if I even suggest it right now. I jailbroke the day after it was released. I did my normal routine and backuping up all my data and even restored my phone completely this time. Jailbroke the device and it went smoothly and was one of the easiest to do in a while. Anyway while messing with the new jailbreak a tweak needed my device to reboot. It started rebooting. 5 minutes later nothing. 10 minutes later nothing. 20 minutes later nothing still! iPhone is stuck at the Apple Logo! So I of course put it in DFU mode and restored. I restored from my iTunes Backup I made. So I put it down as something that can happen in the jailbreak community. So I jailbroke again.

Anyway to make a long story not be as long I have had this problem 3 times in a row! This last time I set my phone completely up as new and didn't even restore from a backup. After I jailbroke it one more time I said "Ok, it must be a tweak that is causing this issue." That'd be the logical thing to think. Well after the jailbreak was done and before I even installed a single tweak on my phone I turned my phone off and turned it back up to test it out. Guess what? It again got stuck on the Apple Logo! So here I am in the middle of my 4th restore. Sadly I don't think I am going to use this jailbreak right now. It doesn't seem to like my iPhone.

Am I the only one having issues with this jailbreak? Has it acted up and gotten stuck on the Apple logo for anyone else?

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Yeah is you, make sure if you are running a restore from backup is one BEFORE the jb came out. Then restore backup before running the jailbreak. When you do the iTunes restore make sure is done with your phone in DFU mode.

3. twigman08 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep, just about the exact thing I have done 4 times now.

I usually know jailbreaks and like I said I have jailbroken many iDevices for other people. I know how to get down and dirty with the iDevices if needed. Though it seems this one has not liked my iPhone ever since. I can't wrap my head around it. The first time I easily put that as something that can happen in the jailbroken community (though I've only ever had it happen one time and it was when I was getting pretty deep into the phone). So I restored to my backup that I made directly before I jailbroke the first time. The 2nd time the jailbreak crashed on me as soon as a tweak was needed to run. So I just didn't install that tweak the next time and even went as far as I not installing a single tweak and restarted. Crashed and basically leaves me where I'm at now in my 4th restore. It has been one very long night and morning.

Though I'm used to them as a programmer. Coffee is great. lol.

4. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

I have 2 iphone 4s and one ipod 4 on 6.1/evasi0n, every one of them eventually got 'stuck' at but (after installing winterboard IIRC), but forcing a reboot fixed that.

cheers

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Weird the, I would just grab another computer that has never touched your phone and bring a fresh ipsw to that one, run it in DFU and load the new iOS as NEW and if that gives you trouble then you are SOL.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

boot the phone while holding the volume up button. does it get past then?