stuck on apple logo

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lakshi, Sep 23, 2008.

1. lakshi macrumors regular

Hello everyone,
    I have one piece iphone 3G that is stuck on apple logo but does not go beyond that. Im not sure what the version of this phone is but i think it is 2.0.0. The problem is that i need to repair this phone but cannot lose my contacts since i have about 500 contacts in it...can someone help me out?

2. Aurial macrumors 6502

When did you last sync with iTunes? Your contacts should've been backed up at that point.

About the phone, you'll have to enter DFU mode and either restore it via iTunes or use QuickPwn or something similar to reflash it.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Connect it with a computer and upgrade to 2.1. Your Contacts should be safe, or can be synced with the computer so that is contains them as well. This problem was usually caused when it took more than 2 minutes to locate and organize all applications, then the phone would reset and try again. 2.1 fixed this and other problems.

TEG

4. lakshi thread starter macrumors regular

Hello guys,
    The problem is that this phone is synced with another computer that i dont have access it since its someone elses phone. When i try to sync it with my computer, it asks what to sync contacts with:
    Outlook,
    Yahoo Address book,
    Windows address book or
    Google contacts.

What should i select? Also, when i try to sync it asks if i want to merge info or replace info. Pls help since i've never ever made a backup with itunes before.

5. Aurial macrumors 6502

Personally I use Outlook but I guess one's as good as the other.

If you choose to merge your contacts it will compile a new address book containing both the contacts on your phone and those already in Outlook (if that's what you choose and assuming you have some contacts already stored in Outlook).

If you choose to replace then it may well replace your phone contacts with your Outlook ones, meaning you'll lose whatevers on the phone.

6. Aurial macrumors 6502

Are you saying that you can connect your phone with your computer and it is recognised in iTunes?

7. lakshi thread starter macrumors regular

Yes it is...

8. lakshi thread starter macrumors regular

Will i lose contacts on the phone if i choose to merge with outlook or will it just backup the contacts from phone, and phone will still retain contacts after syncing?

9. lakshi thread starter macrumors regular

Guess what guys, i sucessfully backed up all my contacts to windows address book. Now after running winpwn and restoring custom firmware 2.0.2 to the phone, how do i restore all backups to my phone again?

10. JBROCKS macrumors newbie

i have a good answer!

11. Aurial macrumors 6502

Good work!

To get them back on your iPhone you need to select to Sync them under the iPhone section in iTunes. It's the second tab I think that has the option. You'll have to select Windows address book and sync away.

12. lakshi thread starter macrumors regular

Hey Aurial, thanks a lot...i will sync the phone after winpwning it and hopefully there will be no problems...

13. Aurial macrumors 6502

No problem.

I'm going to be away for about two hours now but if you have any problems leave a post and I'll see if I can help when I get back.

14. lakshi thread starter macrumors regular

Well, ill be doing the whole process tomorrow, so i'll let you know tomorrow :)