Stuck on Blue Start Up Screen; APE to blame!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NamisloC, Mar 26, 2008.

1. NamisloC macrumors newbie

I was using my computer just as I usually do and I was trying to install an Application that promted me to install Application Enhancer. Remember that I have APE on my system preferences panel already I just said whatever and let it install. I was told I need to restart and I did. Now I'm stuck on a blue screen and the computer shows no prospect of doing anything more than hanging out, doing nothing. After reading that APE might be incompatible with my computer I started to get worried. How do I go about uninstalling this software? I need my computer. I have a back up at home (Time Machine) and I have the 10.5 Disks but I would rather not go through all of that trouble. Please Help I'm sitting on a friends PS3 pining for my MBP to work again.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

From this Apple Doc: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306857

3. NamisloC thread starter macrumors newbie

Forgive me, this is my first time using single user mode. I am trying to type what is recommended but everytime I press return the computer begins to act on what I've typed and I don't have time to type the other lines. I have tried typing a line, letting the computer do it's thing, type another line, wait, type, wait, etc. But, the computer says "

"rm: illegal option -- /
    usage: rm [-f l -i] [-dPRrvW] file ...
    Unlink file
    :/ root#"

Help?

4. NamisloC thread starter macrumors newbie