stuck on emergency calls & connect to itunes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zaphod13, Aug 25, 2010.

1. zaphod13 macrumors newbie

i was given a iphone 3g original version 3.1.2, originally locked to at&t.it had been jailbroken & unlocked to use here in australia.the guy i got it off thought he'd take it back to the factory settings using itunes.so when i got it, it was stuck in recovery mode, i have no real idea of the firmware or baseband. i got it to restore the firmware 4.0.1 so now it is stuck on emergency calls & connect to itunes screen. i have created a pwnage file on my desktop & put the redsn0w download & firmware download in it, now when i run redsn0w exe & brouse to the pwnage file it says that it cannot recognize the IPSW. i thought i was using an original IPSW from apple. i got all this information & used the links from this forum. "New to iphone world" posted tutorial by jav6454.can anyone point me in the right direction to finnish fixing this phone?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. zaphod13 thread starter macrumors newbie

wait theres more

i've followed the tutorial to the letter, i have restored the firmware, found an IPSW that it recognizes. now when i run redsn0w it all goes well, i even get a picture of a hard drive with a green arrow & the words "downloading jailbreak data" it all looks like it's going to work, then after all the waiting it's still locked on emergency calls with the itunes logo & usb cord. getting very frustrated.any suggestions?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

5. zaphod13 thread starter macrumors newbie

still looking

thanks anyway but i already have an ipod !

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What does the iPod have to do with it?

Edit: Oh, I understand now, I think. You're confused. The sim in that post is used to activate and then you remove it. Then you can unlock and use any sim you want with service that supports the iPhone.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

9. zaphod13 thread starter macrumors newbie

one of those weeks

Ok in all the tutorials i'm told to "download latest redsn0w" "download 4.0.1 firmware" "download 4.0.0 ipsw restore. I've done everything the tutorials & you guys have told me to do, now here's where it all falls apart. My phone will only restore to 4.0.1 firmware, that's fine, now the only ipsw restore redsn0w will recognize is 3.1.2 but only if i use redsn0w 9.4 not 9.5. So it goes through all the right moves but when it's finnished downloading jailbreak data it reverts back to emergency call screen.Have i got you thinking yet?
    Putting a phonebook sim in only unlocks it while you have that sim in.When you put you real sim in it locks again.So using a phonebook sim you have a fancy ipod not a phone.